- Women in IV – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the mailing list and get updates
- Trivia Nights – Email email@example.com for interest in four potential times
- Fri 10/23 16:00 PT (Convenient for America and Oceania)
- Fri 10/30 01:00 PT (Convenient for Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia)
- Fri 11/06 10:00 PT (Convenient for America and Europe)
- Fri 11/13 01:00 PT (Convenient for Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia)
Women in IV: A discussion on the future of intelligent vehicles and transportation research
The fast progress of intelligent vehicles and transportation systems is enabling more informed decision making and problem solving. They hold the potential to help address the unintended consequences being currently faced as a result of the evolution of transportation and vehicles systems over the past century.
In recent years, the research community has been actively working to advance these intelligent systems in areas like connectivity, automation, shared mobility, driver assistance systems, intelligent traffic controls, electrification, among others. How transportation should evolve to ensure the future systems will be safe, efficient, clean, resilient, and equitable is an important question that most researchers are trying to answer. This workshop will include one technical presentation by professor Cristina Olaverri Monreal, followed by a panel session.
During our panel session the discussion will be centered around the future of intelligent vehicles and transportation, the role of diversity and the challenges and paths to encourage the new generations of researchers, especially women, to work on these important areas.
We will conclude with a Q&A session with the participants.
Format will vary depending on number of participants: either Team Trivia using Zoom breakout rooms for maximum fun (interaction) or speed quiz (Kahoot!). Topics will cover general technology and science, ITS Society, and all things IV. Prizes will be available for winners! Please see the flyer below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.