Information for authors
Authors Instructions for Live-Sessions
- Daily live sessions will be offered to congress attendees, where the video presentations corresponding to the highlight sessions pf the day will be broadcast. At least one of the authors of each article must be connected to these sessions in order to answer questions about their article
- Authors are also asked to regularly check their Infovaya page to answer questions that attendees may have regarding their article in the comments section of their paper page.
Infovaya Virtual Platform
Infovaya will be used for the virtual event platform. Existing users can log into your and will find IV2020 already in their profile. First-time users should visit https://events.infovaya.com/
Virtual Presentation Instructions
In accordance with the virtual conference, the following modifications have been adopted:
- Authors should prepare the following information for presentation:
- [Mandatory] Video file (MP4, 150MB max)
- Duration: 10 minutes (min) – 14 minutes (max)
- Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Showing the speaker is recommended but not compulsory. If you choose to do so, please make sure that the speaker window is on the top right corner of the screen and not covering the video content.
- See below for tools to record presentation
- [Mandatory] Presentation slides file (PDF, 20 MB max)
- [Optional] Presentation poster file (PNG/JPEG/GIF, 10MB max)
- [Optional] Representative image file (PNG/JPEG/GIF, 10MB max)
- [Mandatory] Video file (MP4, 150MB max)
- The videos will be broadcasted in thematic virtual sessions, for more details click HERE. Authors are expected to be part of their session to engage in questions and discussion.
- In addition to the virtual sessions, all the contents will be available online, on-demand, for the duration of the congress and even after the end of all sessions.
- The duration of the congress has been extended to 4 weeks and adapted to the different time zones, in order to allow help and adapt to the current circumstances.
- The scientific discussion will be encouraged through different forms of both public debate and direct contact with the authors.
Tools to Record Presentation
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record your presentation. You may use any software as long as you get a high-quality recording and your final file is in MP4 format.
- Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom (available to users on most platforms and in most countries): https://ieeetv.ieee.org/mobile/video/recording-your-presentation-with-zoom
- Another useful tool to record your presentation is Loom. It lets you record quickly a screencast with voiceover and your face: https://www.loom.com/
- The following video editing tools may also be useful to polish your video: OSB Studio, iMovie, Lightworks.
- You can use the following video compression tool to reduce the size of your video if needed:
We will use Papercept/Paperplaza for IV2020 submissions HERE.
To submit a manuscript, you must have the following items readily available:
- Type of Submission: You can select Contributed Paper or Workshop Paper (code available soon)
- Title of the manuscript
- Short 200 words text-only abstract of the manuscript
- PINs of “ALL” co-authors (you can locate your co-authors’ PIN by following PIN link HERE)
- Keywords: you will be prompted for 1-3 conference specific keywords during the submission process
- Manuscript file should be a PDF file (version 1.4 or higher), have all fonts embedded/subsetted, in US Letter page size, searchable, non-password protected document. Final papers sent to be part of the program of the conference MUST be format compliant according to the instructions provided HERE (shortcuts to preparing manuscript: LaTEX support and MS-Word support)
For the first submission, a manuscript in US Letter format can be of 6-8 pages (including references).
For the final submission, a manuscript should be of 6 pages (including references), with 2 additional pages allowed but at an extra charge.
Every accepted paper will need one associated full registration (even for a student authored paper) for inclusion in the conference technical program and proceedings.
NOTE: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic (coronavirus) in-person attendance at the meeting is not mandadory for publication in proceedings.
As it is mandatory for any IEEE conference, we will implement a strict “No Show No Publication” policy, meaning that accepted papers that are not presented at the conference will not be published afterwards in IEEE Xplore. Such presentations must be done on-site, so participants and authors can talk and interchange their experiences and views. Face-to-face technical discussions are a precious element of quality of our conference.
All the papers submitted through Papercept (Contributed Papers and Workshop Papers) will be peer reviewed and all of the accepted papers, if they are presented at IV2020, will be published in IEEE Xplore.